Linlithgow RFC Male Voice Choir
Linlithgow Rugby Club boasts the only Rugby Club Male Voice Choir in Scotland, with a repertoire that includes Scottish favourites, classical & popular anthems plus songs from the shows. The Choir was founded in 1991 and still has some of the original members singing with it, including Conductor and Musical Director Jim McGuigan. The choir’s original raison d’être was to reciprocate rugby choral hospitality by entertaining visiting rugby teams and supporters during their visits to Murrayfield for international matches.
Over the years our scope has extended vastly and we are now very active both locally and much further afield, supporting many local and national institutions and charities. We have toured overseas in China, Canada, Northern and the Republic of Ireland and in the last three years have visited and sung in France, Holland and Belgium. In the UK, as well as participating in many local concerts, we have also joined with other choirs to sing at The Royal Albert Hall in London and The Usher Hall in Edinburgh.
Our objectives as a Choir are to:
- Complete an attractive annual programme of choral and social events
- Enjoy our singing and be “as good as we can be” as a choir
- Support events associated with the Rugby Club and our Community – and be ambassadors for both during all Performances and Tours
- Raise funds for local and national charities
- Encourage and welcome new members
Like to know more – or book the choir for a performance?
If you are interested in joining the choir – or would like to explore opportunities for the choir to support your event, charity, or family occasion – please contact either: